Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy, sufficiency and integrity of Down East Enterprise’s financial systems, financial records, reporting systems and Human Resources administration. Has overall responsibility for all financial planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: *
- Oversee preparation of published financial statements and Corporate tax returns.
- Compile and review financial information; provide accurate and timely financial information to the executive managers, department managers and the Board of Directors. Act as financial advisor to executive management team.
- Manage the integrity of the company’s financial reporting systems and forecasting and planning systems.
- Ensure that all internal accounting procedures are performed and that the financial accounting records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; recommend and implement changes as required.
- Perform cashflow forecasting and planning in order to meet the Company’s financial obligations. Maintain operating account checkbook balance along with various other bank account balances.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Accounting Dept and its’ employees including A/P, A/R, Payroll, and Credit & Collections as well as various in-house employee programs.
- Supervise the budget process and ongoing year-end forecasting. Assemble historical financial and statistical data for budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting purposes; build and maintain proformas for budgeting and forecasting; update forecasting model regularly.
- Perform and supervise the completion of month-end and year-end General Ledger journal entries and reconciliations including subsidiary ledgers and bank accounts.
- Oversight of the Human Resources function including maintenance of the payroll and human resource systems for all employee data. Calculate advertising sales commissions based on invoicing. Oversee the processing of bi-weekly payroll and provide customer service to employees as needed.
- Responsible for the administration of employee insurance and benefit plans including the annual open enrollment process.
- Perform various financial and statistical analysis as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Company maintains a good working relationship with its primary lender; liaison for banking and credit card accounts, third party insurance providers, and various benefit administrators (401K).
- Maintain current knowledge of federal & state laws and regulations as they impact personnel supervised and the tasks performed by the accounting department.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00 – $79,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- Vision insurance
Experience level: 10 years
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Rockport, ME 04856: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: Managing accounting department: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person