Join the Institute for Family-Owned Business (IFOB) for the 2020 Maine Family Business Awards. Hosted by Cindy Williams, NEWS CENTER Maine anchor. Now in its 21st year of recognizing family businesses with the awards, we present them in partnership with MEMIC.
Since its inception, 97 businesses have been recognized for various categories of excellence.
One comment, may best capture the essence of the awards, and in many ways describes the Institute: “While applying for the awards, we discovered a lot about ourselves…and that alone made the effort worthwhile.”
The gala attracts family businesses large and small with an audience of over 500. The Maine Family Business Awards is a celebration that pays more than just recognition; it serves as a vehicle for networking and opening up all shades of possibilities for families seeking to grow their business.
The awards celebrate the accomplishments of small and large businesses that exemplify the following criteria:
· Business success
· Positive business and family linkages
· Contributions to the community and industry
· Family participation
· Work environment
· Innovative business practices or strategies
Awards are presented in seven categories:
· Renys Large Business Award (25 or more employees)
· Chalmers Insurance Group Customer Service Award
· Holiday Inn By The Bay First Generation Award
· People’s United Bank Innovation & Technology Award
· Shep Lee Community Service Award
· Maddy Corson Small Business Award (fewer than 25 employees)
· Cumberland Crossing by OceanView Environmental Leadership Award
We will also award an active community member with the BerryDunn Lifetime Achievement Award. The recipient is voted on by the IFOB board, announced prior to the awards night and celebrated at the gala
For tickets click on the "Register" button to the top left or contact the Institute office at 207.798.2667.
*We do not issue printed tickets. Please check in at the registration desk upon arrival to receive your name tag(s).
Attendees will receive a discounted rate for a single or double room at the Holiday Inn By The Bay. To receive that rate, you should mention that you are attending the IFOB event.