"An Integrated Planning Model for the Family Business"
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Continental Breakfast & Registration
8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Program
As part of the Institute for Family-Owned Business’s overall programming theme for the year, Succession Planning in the 21st Century: A bridge to Successful Transitions, this workshop kicks off our Succession Planning Educational Series.
Success and succession are from the same word. Succession of your business, whether it stays in the family, is put up for sale, transitions to an ESOP or Coop, depends on what you’ve done to plan for success as well as succession.
It depends not only on professionalizing the business but must include professionalizing the family.
The series consists of three seminars/workshops all at Husson University that all fall under the umbrella of Succession Planning: an Integrated Planning Model and we are reminded that “It’s not One thing but Many!”
1. Succession Planning 101: An Integrated Planning Model for the Family Business presented by Jane Hilburt-Davis - Wednesday, July 20; 8-10:30 a.m.
2. Awareness, Communication & Conflict Resolution in Succession Planning: The Game of Ten Played presented by Steve Barton & Elizabeth Reuthe (graduates of Gestalt International Study Center) – Wednesday, August 24; 8-10:30 a.m.
3. Succession Strategies Panel Discussion: Estate Plans including Family Transition / Coop / ESOP Ownership -Thursday, September 29; 8-10:30 a.m.
The “Succession Planning 101” workshop will:
- Introduce you to IFOB’s Succession Planning workshop series
- Introduce you to a useful Integrated Planning model
- Define ‘hard and soft issues’ that are critical to any succession planning
- Offer a check list for planning and evaluating your own progress to assess what is going well and what needs work in your business in order to plan for both success and succession
- Develop a work sheet for your next steps.
Bottom line: a company that’s not organized for success is also not ready for succession so working on both together is critical.Jane Hilburt-Davis, Key Resources, LLC
Jane Hilburt-Davis, ACFBA, is president of Key Resources, LLC, a Boston-based consulting firm. She is president emeritus of the Family Firm Institute and past Academic Director of the Global Education Network. She received the prestigious Richard Beckard Practice Award in London for her outstanding contributions to family business practice.
Jane is the author of many articles and case studies, and has trained, mentored and coached hundreds of family business advisors. She is senior author of the widely acclaimed book, Consulting to Family Businesses and co-author of Family Enterprise: Understanding families in business and families of wealth both published by Wiley. She serves as consultant and advisor to family businesses, throughout the United States, and has taught in the family business field in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Remote access is available to dial in. You must have hi-speed Internet access and a camera on your computer to connect and dial-in to the forum remotely. If you are dialing in to the workshop you must pre-register so we can send you the remote instructions.
Thank you to our Sponsors: