Maine firms with shiny resumes will vie for honors on June 7th when the Maine Family Business Awards’ red carpet is rolled out to celebrate the 17th anniversary of the event. The Awards, presented by the Maine Institute for Family-Owned Business in partnership with the law firm Verrill Dana, takes place at the Holiday Inn by the Bay, beginning with 5:30 networking, then winding its way to recognizing, in seven categories, some of Maine’s most successful companies. Awards categories and last year’s winners were:
- Maddy Corson Small Business Award (fewer than 25 employees), Kingsley Pines, Raymond
- Renys Large Business Award (25-plus employees), Renys, Newcastle - Honorable Mention - Cross Insurance, Bangor
- Shep Lee Community Service Award, Suger, Biddeford
- The Chalmers Insurance Group Customer Service Award, Volk Packaging Corporation, Biddeford
- First Generation Award, Lucy's Granola, East Blue Hill
- People's United Bank Innovation/Technology Award, DeLorme, Yarmouth
- Environmental Leadership Award, TideSmart Global, Falmouth
Click here for the list of 2016 Semi-finalists!
Click here for a the list of 2016 Finalists!
All finalists, nominated from within or outside their firms, complete a three-step application process before their submissions go to a panel of judges. Those independent jurors select winners based upon business success, positive business and family linkages, contributions to the community and industry, family participation, work environment, communication, innovative business practices or strategies.For tickets click on the "Register" button to the top left or contact the Institute office at 207.798.2667.
Exclusive Title Sponsor of Maine Family Business Awards
OUR FOUNDING SPONSORS: